Metro Denver PF / QF Chapter 816 - About Us Page
A Local Colorado Chapter
Welcome. Metro Denver Pheasants Forever / Quail Forever (MDPF) is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant and quail and other wildlife populations in Colorado through habitat improvement, land management, public awareness, youth and novice outreach.
Pheasants Forever is the only national organization with a model of chapters keeping 100% of the funds they raise. While belonging to a larger national organization that has a voice on federal and state conservation policies, chapters are tasked with finding projects for their funds. MDPF takes full advantage of this model using funds raised for projects locally as well as other areas in the state of Colorado.
Our Mantra: No Child Left Indoors!
Our mission is to be the best Pheasants Forever chapter to promote involvement in outdoor activities such as hunting, shooting sports, archery, photography, fishing, gun dog handling, habitat and environmental education to the novice outdoors person. Our secondary mission is to work with land owners to improve and preserve wildlife habitat.
The Metro Denver Pheasants Forever / Quail Forever chapter was founded by a group of gun dog owners with a passion for pheasant hunting. The focus of the chapter is to enable habitat conservation through education and involvement. As an established PF/QF chapter, we are in the process of developing relationships and education initiatives with national organizations, local businesses, schools and habitat conservation groups.
• Help Colorado’s Habitat and Youth
• Help Ensure Future Hunting Opportunities for Our Children
• Gain Fulfillment and Satisfaction Working with Youth and Novices
• Share Your Knowledge, Skill, and Experience
• Meet a New Friend or Hunting Partner
• Learn New Hunting Areas and Tips
• Increase Your Hunting Opportunities and Success
• Learn About Hunting Dogs
• Exchange Stories
• Have More Fun!
Our local chapter in Colorado was founded amongst those upland hunters and sportsmen and women in your community. Our goal is to provide those avid outdoormen and women an opportunity to assist in the protection and enhancement of pheasants and other upland bird populations around the local area.
Pheasants Forever was co-founded in 1982 by co-workers at the St. Paul Pioneer Press and Dispatch, outdoor editor Dennis Anderson and national advertising director Jeff Finden. Both recognized a need for habitat restoration and preservation to ensure the future of pheasants and other wildlife.
PF's first publication entitled "Rooster Tales," published in February 1983. This became the forerunner of today's Pheasants Forever Journal of Upland Conservation. The fledgling PF held its first banquet on April 15, 1983, drawing 800 people at the inaugural banquet. In January 2007, PF's third-ever National Pheasant Fest in Des Moines, Iowa, became the largest event in PF history, drawing over 24,500 attendees over a three-day span.
Twenty-five years after its inception, Pheasants Forever has become a grassroots, nationwide upland conservation movement - a national conservation powerhouse. The organization has grown to 110,000 members with over 600 chapters across the U.S. and Canada. Nationwide, Pheasants Forever has spent $260 million on program expenditures, which have helped fund 347,000 habitat projects affecting 4.4 million acres across North America. Along the way, PF has continued to employ the same unique organizational model of empowering local chapters to determine how 100 percent of their locally-raised conservation funds are spent. This local control allows chapters to see the fruits of their chapter efforts in their own communities.
We actively partner with other chapters and Colorado organization of natural resources on many habitat projects.
- Habitat field days are conducted when opportunities arise.
- We involve young people through activities such as youth hunts and habitat projects.
- Habitat projects and efforts to restore and preserve public lands.
- Contribute to funding purchasing and restoration of local land throughout our community.
- Our annual fundraising banquet, which is attended by more than 300 people, generates thousands of dollars. Our Banquet is scheduled in March wach year.
A national organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of habitat for upland game and wildlife throughout the nation.
- Over 145,000 grassroots members and volunteers who have developed more than 10 million acres of pheasant and other wildlife habitat since inception.
- 600 chapters completing over 35,000 projects annually.
Please explore our website and discover more about the Metro Denver PF / QF 816. You'll find detailed information on all our activities and upcoming events. Let us know what you think; we appreciate your feedback. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us. We welcome people interested in the Pheasants Forever mission to attend our chapter meetings, listed on our meetings page.
- Become a Pheasants Forever member or sponsor
- Volunteer your time or resources to our chapter
Pheasants Forever Founded: 1983
Location: Denver, CO
County: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas & Jefferson
Dollars Spent: $508 Million
Acres Preserved: 476,000
Regional Representative for Colorado : Bob Hix